Clean your entire house, and your FRUIT with Thieves! (Can’t say that about many cleaning products!!) Simply add 3 capfuls of Thieves cleaner to a spray bottle and fill with water. Go clean CRAZY! Kitchen, bathrooms, doorknobs, floors…..EVERYTHING! I love my Thieves Cleaner, and I am so thankful it is ABSOLUTELY safe for my kids!
You can also clean with Essential Oils! Here are a few recipes to try! 🙂
Essential Oil Cleaning Solutions
Using essential oils, as a natural household cleaner, is as effective as store-bought cleaning products.
Some of the best essential oils for cleaning include cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, thyme, spruce, lemon, lemongrass, and grapefruit. Try some of the following ideas for a powerful, natural clean:
• Fill a spray bottle with water
• Add 3–5 drops each of lavender, lemon, and pine essential oils.
• Shake well
• Add 1/4 cup white vinegar to a bucket of water.
• Add 5–10 drops lemon, pine, spruce, melaleuca, or Purification essential oil.
• Add 25 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to each load of laundry for an effective freshener.
Hot tubs and saunas:
• Use 3 drops per person of lavender, cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, thyme, lemon, or grapefruit to clean and freshen the water.
• For saunas, add several drops rosemary, thyme, pine, or lavender to a spray bottle with water and spray surfaces. This water can also be used to splash onto hot sauna stones.
Kitchens and bathrooms:
• Mix into 1 quart water: 2 drops rosemary, 4 drops lemon, 3 drops eucalyptus, and 4 drops lavender.
• Shake well and put into a spray bottle. Shake again before using.
• Mix in 1 quart spray bottle: 1 cup White Vinegar, 10-15 drops of Lemon Essential Oil, water.
• Mix vinegar and water in spray bottle.
• Add essential oil.
• Shake and use.
• Use a drop or two of lemon essential oil on stains.
• Let stand and rub off with a clean cloth or throw into laundry cycle.
In the Dryer:
• Instead of using irritating softening sheets in the dryer, toss in a dampened washcloth with 10 drops of lavender, lemon, melaleuca, bergamot, or other oils added.
• While the oils will not reduce static cling, they will impart a lovely fragrance to the clothes.